PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

drrathore

Re: RESA & CYP of APPNA - YPPRC Research Seminar - Annual APPNA Winter Meeting

AlhamdoliLLAH... My abstracts have been accepted

I would like to know if there is some other colleague on this forum who would be presenting with me there...If yes please contact me and i would like to ask few things

Regards

Farooq

drrathore

Re: RESA & CYP of APPNA - YPPRC Research Seminar - Annual APPNA Winter Meeting

I submitted few abstracts but do far i haven't heard any response from the conference organizers and the email address they provided is also of no use...

They had claimed that an answer would be given by the end of Nov but now its 13th Dec

I would like to know that if somebody on this forum has submitted an abstract and recieved an answer

regards

Farooq

[Edited by drrathore on 13-12-2008 at 05:42 PM GMT]

drrathore

RESA & CYP of APPNA - YPPRC Research Seminar - Annual APPNA Winter Meeting

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Research, Education and Scientific Affairs (RESA) committee in collaboration with the Committee for Young Physicians of the Association of Physicians of Pakistani-Descent of North America (APPNA) calls for original research abstracts from young physicians and scientists (students / residents / fellows / research associates) for the 2008 Annual APPNA Winter Meeting to be held in Lahore-Pakistan from December 21-December 24, 2008.
A total of thirty abstracts will be accepted for ORAL and POSTER presentations. Presenters should be able to present in-person to the panel of judges. All accepted abstracts would receive a cash honorarium of US$100 each. In addition, the top three abstracts would get awards of $500, $300, and $200 respectively. Each presenter will also get free registration, free admission to all conference events, including dinners and entertainment, and an official framable certificate from APPNA.
Abstracts must be submitted online ( www.ypprc.org/abstracts ). The abstract submission process opens on November 1, 2008 and the deadline will be midnight PST, November 25, 2008. All submissions would be reviewed by an independent committee of faculty reviewers, and the authors of the selected abstracts be informed by November 31, 2008. All decisions of the committee shall be final. All the accepted abstracts will be published in a special supplement of JPMA (Journal of Pakistan Medical Association) in December 2008.
Submitted abstracts should be structured and must be composed of the following: Background, Hypothesis, Methods, Results and Conclusions. Each abstract will be allowed a maximum limit of 350 words in addition to one table or one figure.
If you have any queries or in case you do not get an acknowledgement email within 24 hours of abstract submission, please email us at info@ypprc.org.
Adeel A. Butt, M.D., M.S.
CME Program Chair, 2008 APPNA Winter Meeting
Faisal H. Cheema, M.D.
Chair, Committee for Young Physicians, APPNA
Founder, Young Pakistani Physicians Resource Center ( www.ypprc.org)

Committee for Young Physicians: Faisal H. Cheema, M.D. [Chair], Tahseen Mozaffar, M.D. [Co-Chair], Adeel A. Butt, M.D. [Member], Qasim Hasan, M.D. [Member], Nayyar Iqbal, M.D. [Member], Talha A. Malik, M.D. [Member], A. R. Piracha, M.D. [Member] and Shahid Rafiq, M.D [Member]