PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

ikhatri

Re: Please Help

Dear Sir,
Assalamoalaikum,
When I was a medical student at Dow Medical College, there was an excellent young surgeon Dr. Mervyn Hossain (spelling may not be correct) in the department of oral and maxillofacial surgery of Civil Hospital, Karachi. If possible, please visit him and I hope he will be of help to you.

May Allah give you shifa, aameen.

slatchus

Re: Please Help

DEAR MEDNSYNC

PLEASE TRY TO GOOGLE (SEARCH ON GOOGLE) ABOUT ORAL SUBMUCOUS FIBROSIS. THEIR YOU WOULD FIND MANY GOOD LINKS ESPECIALLY THE LINK TO EMEDICINE SIT WHICH DESCRIBES THE DISEASE IN DETAIL AND IN A SINGLE ARTICLE.

YOURS
ARSHAD SLATCH

mednsync

Please Help

Hello,
I am a Doctor having just done my houejob,around 5 months ago i got to know that i have ORAL SUBMUCOUS FIBROSIS..after that i also got to know its progressive..since up til now my mouth opening is 34mm since i have fibrosis in the palate with buccal area just starting and tongue geting affected too..although some doctors mentioned that there is no treatment a few have mentioned that alph interferon is used in latest research against this disease showing promising results..although in an artical published in medline gama interferon also gave reversible results..can anybody help in telling what is the best treatment and its long term effects..