PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

rqayyum

Re: Who do we go for help

quote:
dowjunk wrote:
I am willing to do research work, but dont know who to gofor help.......at my colege...dmc... there we dont have any lab facility too... Ppl here normally do surveys..is that research in its real essence? Need help

In order to do research you don't have to go to a lab, or start an expermmental study (e.g. Framingham study is not an experimental study). Actually, it depends on what you are interested in and what resources are available to you. From your message it appears that your resources are quite limited. In this situation probably the best kind of research that can be done is retrospective analysis of data. However, you will need to get in touch with someone who can guide you, preferably in Karachi (DMC or in AKU).

dowjunk

Who do we go for help

I am willing to do research work, but dont know who to gofor help.......at my colege...dmc... there we dont have any lab facility too... Ppl here normally do surveys..is that research in its real essence? Need help

majed

Re: HELP!!!!!!

I believe you should get in touch with the Pakistan Medical Research Council. Their website is www.pmrc.gov.pk

All the best in your future

mehwish

Re: Re: HELP!!!!!!

quote:
docosama wrote:
Mehwish, can you please update your profile as you have written HSC-2 and "high school student" in your qualification & occupation fields respectively.

I totally agree with your point of view and one of the reason to start PakMediNet was to promote medical research of Pakistan around the world so that people can know about that. I am pretty sure that the quality of Pakistani papers has been improved to a large extent. People are working despite total lack of resources & guidance. eg: This website is a voluntary effort.

i am a high school student! is that i am not allowed on this forum?
good to hear about the enthusiasm, i hope it makes a difference

rqayyum

Re: HELP!!!!!!

Research in the field of Medicine can be divided in two main groups: Basic Science Research and Clinical Research. Translational Research (bench to bedside research) can be considered part of either of these two groups or a third group in itself. Not only that I think it is unnecessary to leave clinical practice completely for research (both for Basic and Clinical Research), continuing clinical practice is of paramount importance if one wants to do clinical research.

Regarding above comment about Pakistani graduates --- there are good, average, and bad medical graduates from every medical school. I am very proud to say that graduates from Pakistani medical schools not only do very well in United States, some of them are at very prominent places. And this is true for both older graduates and recent graduates. One can find Pakistani graduates among the faculty as well as in the residency/fellowship programs of such great institutions as Harvard Medical School, Mayo Clinic, and Cleveland Clinic.