PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

intruder1

Re: Re: plz help me on AIDS

At a junior level , in Pakistan you are likely to find patients via personal contact in Pakistan , meaning you need to have somebody inform you of the presence of somebody with say Aids related pneumonia in some respiratory unit or with kaposi's sarcoma in dermatology ward or easier still from blood banks as there are no serious privacy laws in Pakistan .

After locating these , and with necessary precautions you can forexample study some drug effect etc .

Serious HIV research shall need a serious experienced team and it is for more senior levels in developed countries and need proper training .

Locally a publication can get someone a job .In pakistan there is one UNAIDS programme based in Islamabad .

All depends on if one wants to do research or just do HIV education job ?

Shahzada

Re: plz help me on AIDS

You can prepare exam by literature,but for research you need to go deep,as in other countries people are really working on different aspects of AIDS and HIV.Go to pubmed and type AIDSor HIV,you will get hundreds of articles.
I will recommend you to pass HEC test GRE anf do PhD in Europe or partially in Europe.
Dr.Shahzada,Vienna

weena zab

plz help me on AIDS

aa

weena zab

Re: Re: Re: plz help me

ihave collected meterial on AIDS of any type, it is not specific,i will thankful to u if u tell me some ways of getting more information on aids,and about conferences or seminars helding on it.i will want to work at genomic level,and i have facility of internet.plz tell me any hospital where most of the pationts of AIDS are admitted

[Edited by weena zab on 16-01-2008 at 10:51 AM GMT]

aftabac

Re: Re: plz help me

well, its good you want to do research on AIDS, as it is also spreading in Pakistan. but first you have to define your work, on which area of this topic you want to work. either you want to do reseach on its prevalence in Pakistan. or you want to study at genomic level, i.e what are most common geneotypes in Pakistan or at proteomic level.i.e. what are different protein marker of the disease and who better we can diagnose it or at metabolimics of AIDS, i.e. what are different metabolites produce in AIDS patients.
other thing is what are the facilities available to you.
if you want to do some basic reseach on AIDS, then you can also discuss with me, i will try to guide you.

regards
aftab ahmad
aftabac@yahoo.com