PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

chameed

Re: Regulating the health profession

Dr. Hayat Zafar was a friend, a great clinician and a wonderful administrator. His diplomacy and contacts with non-physician mostly illiterate administrators, has led to several reforms. Offcourse some people will be unhappy but that's true about everything in life. And now, Abdullah Jan Jaffer will hopefully take over and complete the mission.

[Edited by chameed on 19-02-2007 at 11:09 AM GMT]

ijazali

Re: Regulating the health profession

Dear Dr Nizam,

Thanks for your suggestions.
I agree we should all present our opinion on all these ill practices.

There is one piece of information though, Hayat Zafar has died about more than a year ago so he wont be able to reply. Secondly all of us have to die so its no use writing bad things about hayat zafar but unfortunately i am from the same college where he was principal and than professor emiratus - If somebody donot know any thing about dirty and filthy politics , nepotism and corruption - He should read Hayat Zafar 's history because this was all ingrained in him.He sewed the seed of dirty politics in the health care set up just for his own personal benefits.

May God forgive him for his Sins and forgive me for Mine.

Sincerely
Ijaz

[Edited by ijazali on 18-12-2006 at 05:07 AM GMT]

nizam

Regulating the health profession

Another trajic story

http://www.dawn.com/2006/12/17/local7.htm

The college of physicians and surgeons, pakistan medical and dental council and health ministries are all responsible for occurrences such as above. As physicians and care providers we can not stay as silent spectators. If each member of the pakmedinet writes a single email in a polite but yet determined tone to these representatives there is a possibility that we may contribute to saving some lives.You can write complaints to the ministry of health at their following site

http://www.pakistan.gov.pk/ministries/ComplaintQueries.jsp?MinID=22&cPath=251

You can also email your concerns to Dr M. Hayat Zafar (president pakistan medical and dental council) at

pmdc@pmdc.org.pk

Please do not shy away from writing to these individuals regarding regulating the health profession, eliminating quackery and saving lives of innocent civilians.

Kind regards,

Nizam