PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

ijazali

Re: Re: Re: health budget

dear Farooq,

Pls note I said "Govt Hospital" which is directly funded by the Govt for the general public. Just for the information of the readers

1. Liaquat National is not a Govt Hospital , its an autonomous body which is not directly funded or controlled by Govt.

2. Pls see the following link in Dawn which shows the inaguration of First MRI in Govt Hospital in Pakistan by the HONOURABLE HEALTH MINISTER IN aPRIL 2007 IN NICH.

http://dawn.com/2007/04/10/local23.htm

3. CMH is a military hospital not a general hospital , its for the previlged and ruling class not for the stinky, low grade labour class who are destined to die of brain tumors but MRI's will be done for General Saab's Begam Saab who has mild headache for last 3 days which is relived by aspirin.

Just so that you know there will hardly be a 300 bedded hospital in the modern world which will not have MRI maschine and here we are running "so called " tertiary care hospitals without CT scan and MRI.

May allah Help us.

Ijaz

drrathore

Re: Re: health budget

well the allocation of health budget is really very low but then things are not as bad as we think.MRI machines are in fact functional in many parts of Pakistan in Government hospitals
Few of them i know are as follows
1. Liaquat national hospital Karachi(started first MRI in Pakistan in 1990)
2.National Institute of child health Karachi
3.PIMS Islamabad( machine has been purchased and will be functional in 2 months time)
4. NOORI hospital , Islamabad
5.Military Hospital, Rawalpindi

I don't know of other places but if some body does he /she should update this list and spread the knowledge

regards

Farooq

ijazali

Re: health budget

i just looked up and it comes to about 86 million US dollars . Its about 40 million dollars short of what is required to open a new 250 bedded hospital in North america. What do we think what will we do with this money , we unfortunately donot produce any significant medical equipment in our country , how can we get modern equipment with this amount of money.

CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG "THERE IS NOT EVEN A SINGLE MRI MASCHINE THAT IS IN THE GOVERNMENT HOSPITAL IN PAKISTAN".

IJAZ

ijazali

health budget

Does any body know how much money is dedicated to health in this budget? in terms of percentage or gross amount?

ijaz