PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

drrathore

Re: Farud regarding Burns Centre of Civil Hospital & Dow University of Health Sciences

I am extremely sorry for this post
As you must have noticed that i recieved this post in my email account and in good faith i pasted it on this forum. But if this is a fruad please be aware and thank you for pointing this out for us

regards

Farooq

CHKADMIN

Re: Burns Centre of Civil Hospital & Dow University of Health Sciences

===================================
ATTENTION ALL PAKMEDINET MEMBERS !
===================================

Please note that the above call for donations and zakat funds is FAKE and has been done ILLEGALLY.

The Burns Center at the Civil Hospital Karachi is a public-private partnership venture and the collection of funds for the running of the Centre is being done by a registered society namely "FRIENDS OF BURNS CENTER - PATIENTS WELFARE SOCIETY" which is also exempted under the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001. As per law, FOBCs accounts are annually audited by reputable Chartered Accountant firm and the audited accounts are available to all on request.

All donations and zakat funds are collected ONLY by the Friends of Burns Center Society (FOBC) and all expenses on the running of the Center are borne by it as well.

To visit the official website of FOBC, you may visit www.burnscentre.org

The bank account details of Burns Center for the purpose of donations and zakat are as under:

Bank Al-Falah Limited
Zakat A/c 0024-02900032
Donation A/c 0024-02900031

First Women Bank
Zakat A/c 01013152
Donation A/C 01012980

===========================================

WORD OF ADVISE:

DONATIONS OF CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS ARE NEVER RECEIVED AT RESIDENTIAL ADDRESSES AS REQUESTED BY DR. SHARIQ ABOVE. THIS IS A CRIMINAL ACT AND ACTION IS BEING TAKEN AGAINST THIS INDIVIDUAL FOR HIS ILLEGAL ACTIONS.

PLEASE NEVER SEND YOUR DONATIONS / ZAKAT WITHOUT PROPERLY VERIFYING THE ATHENTICITY OF THE RECEIVER.

==========================================
==========================================

PS. Please note that this individual is asking people to send donations at his residential address.

[Quote]
If you wish to send your cheque by mail or by hand, please send it either to B13, Block A, North Nazimabad, Karachi or send it to the office of Head of the Burns Centre to be handed over personally to Dr Shariq Ali or our Assistant Professor, Dr Ehmer-al-Ibran Unfortunately the postal system of Civil Hospital has been found to be unreliable and amenable to misuse in the past.
[unquote]

============================================

[Edited by CHKADMIN on 14-11-2007 at 09:31 AM GMT]

[Edited by CHKADMIN on 14-11-2007 at 09:33 AM GMT]

drrathore

Burns Centre of Civil Hospital & Dow University of Health Sciences

Dear All

I have recived this email regarding the burn center of Dow University of health sciences. Although i havent visited this center my self but those of you who are based in Karachi can tell us more
Any way this is an appeal for donations and we all must contribute

regards

Farooq

Dear Colleagues,
You might be pleased to know about the Essential Burn Care Course.. This is one of our efforts toward our commitment to improve Burn Care in Pakistan . Please do visit the Burns Centre whenever you are in Karachi and I hope you will be pleased to note the commitment of Burns Centre team.

Burns Centre of Civil Hospital & Dow University of Health Sciences is a totally free of charge, public sector, 50 bedded (10 ICU Beds and 2 operating theatres, on site laboratory, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, CSSD and 4 dressing rooms, seperate male and female wards) twenty four hours emergency on call Burn Care service, the largest in the country and we have treated 568 inpatients and more than 1800 outpatients between June 2006 to June 2007. Because of increasing popularity, there is a remarkable rise in our admissions from all over Pakistan this year and we are in desperate need of funds.

If you wish to contribute in Burns Centre Ward Fund Zakat/ Donation account, please contact the Head of the Burns Centre, Dr Shariq Ali or Assistant Professor Burns Centre Dr Ehmer-al-Ibran personally for contribution in cash or kind or make check payable to "Burns Centre"

Please note the details of the account as follows

ALLIED BANK LTD
Taj Complex
M.A.Jinnah Road
Karachi
Pakistan
Title of Account: Burns Centre
Account Number: 2195-2
SWIFT CODE ( for electronic transfer): ABPAPKKASSS

If you wish to send your cheque by mail or by hand, please send it either to B13, Block A, North Nazimabad, Karachi or send it to the office of Head of the Burns Centre to be handed over personally to Dr Shariq Ali or our Assistant Professor, Dr Ehmer-al-Ibran Unfortunately the postal system of Civil Hospital has been found to be unreliable and amenable to misuse in the past. Thanks and Kind regards.

Dr Shariq Ali FRCS
Head of Burns Centre
Burns Centre, Jubilee Block, Civil Hospital & Dow University of Health Sciences,
M.A.Jinnah Road, Karach, Pakistan
Phone : 0333 2296474 & 021 9215740
alishariq@yahoo.co.uk
essentialburnscare@gmail.com
Fax : 021 6615674