PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

samreenqmc

Re: help! rules regarding postgraduation for federal government employees

A large number of MOs at PIMS are doing residency at QPGMC. then it is a matter of sadness that you are not being allowed. you should contact the Director PIMS in this regards.may Allah help you.

babanc56

help! rules regarding postgraduation for federal government employees

Aslam-o-alikum people.

I was hoping if any body could help me with my problem.I am working as a regular medical officer in PIMS.I have cleared my fcps-1 last year and now want to start postgraduate training in general surgery. The problem is that i have already been accepted three times as a trainee, by the QPGMC(institution that deals with postgraduate training within PIMS) but couldn't join as a I am working as a CMO(emergency). A number of my fellow colleagues who were selected (as medical officers)at the same time as me continued their training from day one. As I didn't have a "Sifarish", I got posted to places no body serve (CMO).Now as my part 1 validity runs out i am becoming desperate. Will someone conversant in such matters please help out a troubled soul. Any body know how they the do it in JPMC Karachi or in other federal government institutions.