PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

tariqwahab

Re: FCPS VIVAS

i am a fellow of CPSP since last 9 years and Fellow of Royal college of Surgeons ireland since last 6 years. i fully agree with the comments made by my other colleagues. exam is always simple. only candidates some time get trouble by their own answers. keep their answers precise and simple.

samreenqmc

Re: Re: FCPS VIVAS

i am a Fellow of CPSP for 2 years. what i feel is that FCPS exam judges the 4 years training and your reflexes that how you work in your ward and OPDs

qamarzia

Re: FCPS VIVAS

i am a fellow for the last 5 years. i think the key to success in viva is SIMPLICITY. do not think of hifi things. at times differential diagnoses are a problem, e.g there should be no D/D of an inguinal hernia or a hydrcele. similarly if you are not sure about anything simply let the examiner know.

sk_sid

FCPS VIVAS

AOA,
Congrats to all those who have passed.
I am a fellow of the college and passed my exam last year in may, 2008.
Let me asuure you first that it wont be as difficult as it seems.
Few tips:
Alwaz be systematic in short cases gofrom inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation as applicable.
never rush.
Try to give a gud differential keeping the commones t at the top but dnt miss out the lethal one.

Dnt panic as examiners have to ask qs so go precisely, accurately and dnot hassle. they just want ot c the logical approach and then they will stop u, but def try to complete in 5 mints max.
ok
ALL the best