PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

doctoc

Re: FCPS in Pharmacology

Yes that PhD from university of Karachi is recognized all over the world.
If you want to stay in Pakistan then FCPS is also an alternative, but it would be a lot tougher going through the ordeals of FCPS rather than much friendly training of PhD.
In PhD you primarily have to do what you have done for MPhil, i.e., do a research and defend it. FCPS is an altogether different story as you have to master every single aspect of the broad subject.

drrathore

As i said earlier , University based degree is accepted all over the world and Karachi University is no exception...

For further confirmation check with HEC people at www.hec.gov.pk

Regards

nasrinqazi

Re: Re: FCPS in Pharmacology

thanks for the sincere advice, but cnt go beyond sindh, what about karachi university is the degree recognised in foreinn countries.

drrathore

Why not...There is no bar to it..But my honest advice would be that you go for Phd since you have already completed your Mphil..PhD is widely accepted all over the world, carries more weight and respect and you get an honorarium and scholarship during the training period as well.Please visit the website of NUST at www.nust.edu.pk for further details

FCPS is primarily a Pakistani degree with no recognition in the West

nasrinqazi

FCPS in Pharmacology

I have done M.Phil in Pharmacology, can i do FCPS part II in Phrmacolgy.