PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

rqayyum

Re: topic needed for research

Below is another article that discusses the same issue. Although it is written from a lab scientist point of view, it still is extremely relevant to a clinical researcher.

Alon U. How to choose a good scientific problem. Mol Cell. 2009 Sep 24;35(6):726-8. PubMed PMID: 19782018

rqayyum

Below is an interesting article which may help you in deciding what topic to choose. I agree with ibrahim_ap, you should decide on the research topic based on your interest and after discussions with your mentor.

Kahn CR. Picking a research problem. The critical decision. N Engl J Med. 1994;330:1530-3. PubMed PMID: 8164709

ibrahim_ap

Dear Dr.
regarding searching of any topic, it is not advisable to ask others. research topic or research problem is a simply difficulty which researcher faces in his/her working environment and would like to find the solution. research problem is always in your surroundings. try to pick a problem in your ward or simply discuss your research supervisor. there is a recommended criteria to select the topic/problem. for any free help you may contact me in Mayo Hospital, School of physiotherapy 0300-4668681.

drakmarwat

topic needed for research

ASSALAM-O-ALAIKUM.i m a FCPS Trainee in peads medicine mayo hospital lahore.I want to do reseach on a topic which is most benifitial,easy to conduct,needs least follow-up and possible in our circumstances.please help me in chosing a suitable topic for synopses.Wassalam