PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

RUBBAN

Re: been a while

Yes,I think,you do have an obligation to your profession,as well.Just like you have an obligation to taking care of your family.Take up a demonstrator-ship,or any partime attachment with a medical institution.The idea is that not only is it beneficial for the medical profession that you are one of it's contributing members.But for your own personal and professional growth as well.You will realize how different,is a medically qualified mother;from a mother who is unqualified or minimally qualified in terms of successfully raising a family.In the long run your family will benefit if you're engaged in a purposefully demanding career.

ijazali

Re: Re: been a while

we should all be alarmed by this proto type case here . a pakistani girl makes all the effort to get into medical college occupies a seat in medical college , works hard , becomes a doctor , getts married, throws her medical degree into the fireplace , raises 3 children and lives the life same as an any women without this education should have done. what difference would this medical education done to her if she was to do all this.

the blind health authorities in Pakistan open ur eyes and make sure ppl who occupy a medical college seat donot waste it , its a precious seat we have ppl dying from preventable diseases in country we need doctors especially who are commited to there profession not time passers, especially we need female doctors specially as role models in this illetrate society so that we get out of this Mulla culture where pppl would not show a breast lump to a male doctor even if there mother, sister, wife dies of Cancer, because it would hurt their socalled religious feelings and emotions and then we have ppl like these who waste thier education achieved with the precious money of this poor nation- donot forget the education we achieve in Govt medical college is extremly subsidised - compare the private med. colleges fees.

PMDC if it still exists and is inetersted in doing anything except enjoying a cup of tea in their luxurious offices should pay attention and do a survey so that it could be seen how my ladies after doing MBBS donot pursue a carrer as a MD so that neccessary steps be taken to correct that.

I hope dr arshia u donot take that personally this is nothing against u , i am so bitter because i see ppl die infront of my eyes and i cannot help them because of the lack of resourses and they are nobody else my own countrymen my own brothers my sons. i would advice u take a strong step i pakistan family support systems are very strong somebosy in the family can take care of kids u should definitely start ineternship and then do a thing like FCPS I and start a residency training u can take a lighter speciality like radiology, ophthalmology, dermatology but try to contribute something to this society becuase this is our duty as a MD.

Ijaz ali
quote:
qaiser165 wrote:
try to have residency experiance because almost all courses require ur experiance of at least a yr in the respective field. try to use ur qualification.after completing a yr residency u can have courses by sitting at home but at least u shud b in touch wid the clinical skills and experiance.

qaiser165

try to have residency experiance because almost all courses require ur experiance of at least a yr in the respective field. try to use ur qualification.after completing a yr residency u can have courses by sitting at home but at least u shud b in touch wid the clinical skills and experiance.

Arshia

Thankx for the prompt reply I thought no one would be interested. I was thinking on these lines as well......with kids its not a bit practicle at this point for me.....may be half day would be an option.
Also can anyone spare time and tell me if I can prepare for any kind of exam, while at home. Actually Lahore is not my home town and so I don't know very many people here in Medicine.

Nizam

It will be a good idea to pursue internship/residency in your field of choice. Good luck.