PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

mano

Re: PLAb

hi doctor,
as my other colleagues advised already ,yes the current situation is really bad and very awful as iam working here as a doctor but coz of racism iam also moving back home ,personally i dont advise any one to come here and waste time and money.

jrathore

HI!
I will advise you not to waste time and resources to sit in Plab.As there are changes in junior doctor training in uk, and it is nearly impossible to get in system untill unless u r very fresh graduate.They have replaced house jobs and senior house officer posts with foundation year programme and you have to join it either at FI stage or F2.And of-course new work permit rules have replaced old system of training visa so things are very difficult on this front.My advise will be to sit for usmle if u want to go abroad for training.But if you are very determined then no harm in trying ur luck as there are examples people getting these jobs.If u have any more queries please email me on rathorej@aol.com.

j rathore

[Edited by jrathore on 29-11-2006 at 09:37 PM GMT]

ijazali

first of all there is nothing like home but if you really want to go abroad why dont u go for USA . Its a great health care set up, huge opportunities and u can rise as high as u deserve. No real discrimination and huge benefits.

ppl should understand by now UK is a small country with a poorly organised or better rephraised "highly unorganised " health care setup. The biggest favour we can do our selves is stop following them. So if you had done USMLE instead of wasting ur time on these crapy PLAB AND MRCP EXAMS you might be applying for an AP position in states by now.

having said that if you still remain in UK having understood all that is a mystery as well, though its none of my business to ask.

its never too late to change directions provided they are right direction.

sincerely
ijaz

SHAHID121

HI DR KAZMI.
ASALAM ALAIKUM.
THE SIMPLEST LANGUAGE I CAN USE ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION REGARDING FOREIGN DOCTORS IN UK IS THAT THEY ARE SIMPLY TRYING TO GET RID OF US.
NEVER BE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO QUIT UR LOVELY JOB IN THE ARMY TO GET A "RAGRAH" IN ENGLAND.
GO TO WWW.BMJ.COM AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF.
IT IS A SITUATION OF DESPERATION FOR MOST SUBCONTINENT DOCTORS HERE.
THE NEW RULES ARE THAT 1ST PRIORITY TO UK DOCTORS 2ND PRIORITY EU DOCTORS AND IF ANY JOBS REMAIN BY THEN THEN THOUSANDS OF NON EU DOCTORS ARE HERE TO FILL THAT POST.
EMAIL ME ON SQUASAR1@AOL.COM IF YOU REQUIRE ANY FURTHER HELP OR IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS FURTHER
A FRIEND AND FELLOW DOCTOR IN UK WHO HOLDS A BRITISH PASSPORT AND QUALIFIED PLAB 2001 AND MRCP1 AND FINDING IT DIFFICULT HERE INSPITE OF THESE

intisar

My sincere advice to all who are interested to take PLAB is not to even think about it at the minute.

Job situation for post Plab doctors is like a hell here in UK. There are around 10,000 doctors who are jobless for more than a year after passing the PLAB.

Hope it gives you some idea.

You can get more information from UK newspaper articles, Department of Health UK web site and also ask from your friends who are in UK.

Best regards