PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

saadia77

Re: fcps1

hi am saadia , i want to appear in fcps part 1 march 2013 attempt can any body tell me thet wahat are the best books for being preparing excelently. plz help me out.....

kiran123

Re: Re: fcps1

assalam-u-allaikum!!!
hope u will be fine dr bisma...well dont worry...when u take the first step,ALLAH ALMIGHTY will definately help u go through it...so if ur planning to choose gynea obs...although its very demanding but...u know according to my thinking when u deliver a lady and that lady gives birth to a healthy baby then the different types of emotions are encountered...and u know then the dr also gets satisfied really....INSHALLAH WHATEVER U CHOOSE...ALLAH ALMIGHTY WILL BE WITH YOU...AMEEN....
i think u can give part-2 uptil seven years when u pass part-1 exam...and residency of almost three or four years is required in a teaching hospital...but u better confirm it from someone else as well...
if u get any further information..then plzz do let me know as well..

regards,
dr kiran.

dr.bisma

thanx kiran for replying,
i was nt intrested in gynea obs until i did my house job now i hv realized that yes itz a good feild for lady docs,but as u said itz very hard n demanding thats y i m confused.
i m planning to give exams in novamber 2006 inshaAllah may GOD help us
do u knw abt part II requirements for both gynea obs n radiology i mean how much time peroid is required

kiran123

ASSALAM-U-ALLAIKUM DR BISMA!
well i am a recent graduate of mbbs as well..i am also planning to give FCPS-1 by the coming july inshallah...and i am giving part-1 in gynae obs...thats just because its a very demanding field for lady drs.well let me help u in choosing what subjects...first of all u must realize in which field are u interested in.and whether u can sacrifice ur family issues in a tough field like gynae obs...because radiology is not that time demanding..but still gynae and obs holds a special position in our society esp for the ladies..its not just because i am planning to give part -1 in gynae obs but just due to the fact that i was also very much disturbed what to choose etc etc.now i am must satisfied with my subjects...dont worry the exam is not that difficult and is made easier by having faith in ALLAH...have u seen my topic in this medical discussion about the BOOKS OF FCPS-1....i am sure this will give u some help in preparation...when are u planning to give part-1...?best of luck for the future...MAY ALLAH SUCCEED US ALL,AMEEEEEN AND SUM AMEEN.

dr.bisma

fcps1

Hello everyone
1st of all i must say that this is a very nice websites for doctors this is only website where i get some information abt part 1 examination.
well my house job is to completed within two months n i m planning to do part 1,but a bit confused b/w gynea/obs n radiology which feild is better n has got good future.i dont knw much abt fcps part 1 n part II requirement.can anybody here plz guide me?
and is there any diff b/w perparations of gynea obs n radiology wat books should we read for part I radiology.