PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

Mustafa-ks

Re: Re: overseas prospects for CPSP FELLOWS

No Sir....i don't agree with you here....i did my fellowship and having 11 yrs of experience but this degree is not even having worth in KSA as well. there must be some prog or some exemption time frame to get Phd or fellowship in Canada but you have to study the basic MBBS there before entering in their prog. if you qualify then they will give you residency in the far most areas where not even Canadians are willing to go........i got this experience......if you want to disagree then give it a try.....stay blessed

medcruiser

Re: overseas prospects for CPSP FELLOWS

i completely agree with Nizam, PG training in Pakistan is not useless.Its really worth it.if you have done FCPS from Pakistan and also pass usmle steps.you can get residency in your own field like if you done in surgery they will give you the residency in surgery.In UK lot of places they have real good standing for FCPS.same is the canada.so dont say getting this degree is not worth it

nizam

Re: overseas prospects for CPSP FELLOWS

In general, it is not a matter of Pakistani FCPS. Many countries prefer their own degrees and consider these superior to those of other countries. Physicians who move to Canada after american boards can practice in limited settings but to get a full unrestricted license they are required to write canadian exams. Does this mean that american boards are not recognized?

In Ontario Canada, there is a program for international medical graduates where physicians with FCPS in primary specialties if successful in an interview, can practice in underserved areas.

Recognition of any degree does not come automatically. For instance to get a Pakistani degree or residency program recognized in Canada, the concerned authorities will need to invite a delegation from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, have them review the exam process or training and then apply for formal recognition. This may be a long process. The negative repercussions could manifest as a brain drain of our qualified health force.

Nizam

[Edited by Nizam on 22-04-2007 at 05:10 PM GMT]

aamirayaz

overseas prospects for CPSP FELLOWS

I REALLY WANTS TO KNOW WHERE OUR FELLOWSHIP IS RECOGNIZED APART FROM SAUDI ARBAIA. I HAVE TRIED VARIOUS COUNTRIES BUT THEY DO NOT ACCEPT OUR QUALIFICATION. THEN WHAT IS THE FUN OF SPENDING SO MUCH TIME AND MONEY AND MISERY IN GETTING THE DEGREE WHICH IS NOT ACCEPTED ANY WHERE . ITS BETTER TO SPEND ENERGIES IN SOMETHING THAT IS USEFUL. THE NEW FRESH GRADUATES WILL REALISE IT LATER WHAT IS THE STANDINGS OF FCPS WORLD WIDE.