PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

Sids

Re: Stipend in FCPS Physiology Training?

Are there any M.B.B.S. PhD Supervisors for Physiology in Karachi ?
i have done my MBBS and i'd now like to go for MS physiology from Karachi University ...

dr_anas01

Re: Re: Re: Stipend in FCPS Physiology Training?

sir i wanted to ask,,is there any paid post graduation trainee posts in internal medicine or any branch of medicine,in riyadh for pakistanis,,

bvhospital

I have not seen any example quoted by you people about PhD from Pakistan working in UK or USA. then where Pakistani PhD is recognized? sri lanka, Bhutan, Nepal, Somalia, Ariteria.............?

gjkhan

Re: Re: Stipend in FCPS Physiology Training?

abbotayub sometimes says that fcps is equal to phd but sometimes he restricts people not go for fcps. what is all this? i know that now a days fcps or phd from a pakistani university is like the degrees of parliamentarians. i know what sort of phd degree is awarded by quaid e azam islamabad. i would like to quote only one example and that is of dr. maqbool ahmad who was under inquiry for a long period of time on the very charges that he was awrding fake phd degrees to his students which ultimately culminated in his removal from his service. dr shamim alam and dr.shahbaz were among his beneficiaries. moreover these degrees are not in physiology but in biological sciences. later on it was known that dr maqbool joined hazar university but soon they also got rid of him. so what sort of phd it will be.

[Edited by gjkhan on 02-07-2010 at 06:46 PM GMT]

[Edited by gjkhan on 02-07-2010 at 06:49 PM GMT]

[Edited by drrathore on 04-07-2010 at 05:34 PM GMT]

sarib

AOA. I want to share my problem with you people. I am FCPS in Medicine. Due to job problems I joined a private medical college as assistant professor in physiology on basis of FCPS medicine. Now I have developed interest in physiology and also I admire the relax life as teacher in basic. Is there any way by which I can achieve Mphil qualification in physiology while I continue working here as assistant professor as i am getting a handsome amount and do not want to loose experience of A/P. Other question is can I be promoted as associate/ professor on basis of FCPS medicine in physiology or not. Please reply thanks