PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

pk dentist

Re: Help plz - about BDS study pattern

i have done my bds recently.. my house job is going to be start.. well my question is

plz tell me wats the procedure to do practice in UK, USA & canada..

waiting for ur replies ! thx

samreenqmc

Re: Re: Re: Help plz - about BDS study pattern

House job is compulsory for PMDC registration. University will give you degree as soon as youi pass BDS

bvhospital

Re: Re: Help plz - about BDS study pattern

house job is not part of BDS/MBBS. it is basic medical/dental training. if you want to work in Pakistan after graduation, then house job is compulsory for PMDC registration. you will get the degree even without house job.

shagaf

Re: Help plz - about BDS study pattern

hi
after completing ur 4yrs of study u have to do 1 yr house job after tht ur will get ur degree before doing house job u can apply for provisional degree but ur actual degree will be issued after the house job i guess its likes this i will also conform frm someone else n tell u

muzzi_uk

Help plz - about BDS study pattern

I was very pleased to find this forum ; here goes
-what is the study pattern of BDS in pakistan after completing 4 yrs of formal education (e.g. in Fjdc)

-ive heard there's a house job of 1yr or six months after that? whts the duration and is it mandatory to do 1 yr house job for a degree? or to practice any where professionally?

-can any one defer that for like a yr or 6 mnths and then complete it afterwards

-is there any alternative to it in UK; if some one has done 4 yr bds n migrates to UK

your responses will be highly appreciated

Thanx

[Edited by muzzi_uk on 10-08-2008 at 03:24 PM GMT]

[Edited by muzzi_uk on 10-08-2008 at 03:24 PM GMT]