PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

clinton

Re: Counselling AND Psychiatry

Well in Counseling and Psychiatry, its deep but when you come to counseling being a way of relating and responding to another person's problem so that the person is helped to explore his/her thoughts,feelings and behavior as well just in order to reach a clear self-understanding.We can arrange to have a discussion for this following incredible guys like Carl Rogers,Sigmund Freud,Carl Jung,Bandura etc to check the way they were perceiving human being yeah.

iqra786

Re: Counselling AND Psychiatry

DEAR SIR !

I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS POINT-OF-VIEW...!!!

EACH FIELD OF SCIENCE HAS ITS OWN IMPORTANCE...

PSYCHOLOGISTS, TO MY VIEW, DESEVE RESPECT IN THEIR OWN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY...

REMAINED THE MATTER OF SEEMING THEM NUISANCE, IS MATTER OF "EUPHORIA"...

NOW, U MAY PLZ PUT LIGHT OVER THE TOPIC "EUPHORIA" NEUTRALLY AND ABOVE ALL DOUBTS, KEEPING IN VIEW THE LIMITS OF LORE

UNEUPHORIC REGARDS...

DR. ALI

merali

Counselling AND Psychiatry

THE CHALLENGE OF COMBINING PSYCHIATRY WITH PSYCHOLOGY
I wish to pose a challenge.
Since the time of Carl Rogers (the founder of The person centred theory of counselling) there exists some "tension" and debate on the role of counselling in psychiatry.
I wonder if there is a way forward really as Psychiatrists often views Psychologists as a nuisance/threat.
Any views on this?
Mohamoud