PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

yusman

Re: Study Partner for AMC MCQs

Assalam o alaikum
I don't agree with this. Just like in medicine there are side effects of every drug same is true for every step, which we intend to take in life. Even doing USMLE poses certain risks as well. Spending lot of time, money and effort Who can gurantee to get into the residency!!!!!!!!! Even people who got residency wont be able to join in time and lost their jobs!!!!!!!! This is the most hard part of it and it can be realized by only those who suffered it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many filters; one cannot justify that he/she might be able to pass through or struck within it. Its the matter of luck. It doesn't mean that some one should not try neither I am discouraging or showing signs of frustration but this is reality!!!!!!!! Practically speaking every one should have one backup plan at least so as to avoid frustration.

P.S. Most of hospitals who are IMG (International Medical Graduate) friendly got thousand applications against one/two PostMatch scramble seats.

Good luck with the exams!!!!!!!!!!!!

ijazali

Re: Study Partner for AMC MCQs

I hope you are a Pakistani Doc as well so you can address us as collegues , fellow doctors etc we are all pakistanis here alhamdolillah.

Coming to your question if you donot mind Can I ask ,why do you want to go to such a racist country like australia , australians have very poor outlook towards other nationalities and even their PM is a Racist. America is 100 times better than australia and the chnaces of professional growth are unmatched in the states. Donot waste you time in the lengthy and useless process of AMC where they will send you in the under serviced areas where there is nothing secondly doctors in australia are much underpaid compared with USA.

[Edited by ijazali on 21-05-2007 at 10:31 PM GMT]

[Edited by ijazali on 21-05-2007 at 10:38 PM GMT]

[Edited by ijazali on 21-05-2007 at 10:39 PM GMT]

irfan_ali

Study Partner for AMC MCQs

Hey there Paki Docs!!!
hope all u guys r studying n disecting medical books n journals,,,,i'm here,,looking for a study parter for AMC MCQ exam....
Although i have not even attempted the exam,but i sure can help/quide/motivate those of u interested in the Aussie system...
email me at irfanliaqatali@hotmail.com ...and i will hand in my contact number....:-)

Adios