PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

drfarhan

Re: Thanks

I can only guess that you are still asking me!
Anyways, to know about mrcs is not difficult at all, for example google , "royal college of surgeons edinburgh" or any other royal college of your liking for that matter.
Once page opens, click examination section>surugical exams>intercollegiate mrcs>lahore or any other pakistani city nearer you if available and you'll have every thing on your finger tips.
Mrcs 1 and 2 both are conducted in pakistan at various centres like lahore, islamabad? and karachi? but you can/should confirm it from their site.
when and if the time ripes for mrcs 3, including UK, there are several centers(except pakistan) one of which ,you will have to make for like dubai, india, sri lanka etc. Better ignore India.
It may be wise if you apply online through your credit card. If you are applying for both mrcs 1 and 2 online, you will apply separately .They'll make you appear for both on same date and at same centre with almost one hour interval. This way you'll be able to get away with both in one go.
If you decide on submitting paper application for both components of exam, you may apply on the same form , which you can request them to send you...Later they will ask you to courier(fedex) certain important
documents to them like your degree etc...
I hope, you know how to proceed now.
Mind you , after doing mrcs ,you will only be entitled to and enrolled for surgical jobs whatsoever. You won't be considered eligible to fit in any where ,you want, in the field of medicine in general. Only surgery.
Second, once you are through mrcs 2, clock will start ticking, and It will be incumbent on you to complete mrcs within 3 years. This time limit start after doing part 2.
Please feel free(in a way rather bound) to confirm all this what I have detailed you about, straight from horse's mouth, that is, dig in their web site. I may be wrong or my information might have been outdated.
Remember, I haven't taken up this exam as
yet ,nor am I involved or have been engaged in this process myself actively. However, being surgeon, I have had keen interest in its minutiae some time ago.

annie_tari

Thanks

Wow... that's some 'reality check'....

Anyway thanks for all the info n can u kindly tell me about the centres for MRCS in Pakistan n how do apply here from Pak? Is there any informative web link for MRCS Pak?