PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

Saedahmad

Re: Whats the Future of M.Sc BioStatistics in Pakistan

Looking for students and biostatistics enthusiasm prone people who want work experience and want help to build their portfolio. We have numerous research projects in the pipeline.

Kindly contact me at HRS / HEALTH RESEARCH SOLUTIONS

DR SAED AFTAB AHMAD
Founder
Saedaftabahmad@gmail.com

Saedahmad

I am looking for 1-2 biostatistics professionals for my research institute in DHA Lahore .. kindly contact: 03008788867 or message 03228449440

ranas

The future of Biostatisticians is not dark it is dull. dr. Shahid Kamal Must have to take step to get it introduced as government level. He has to organize the seminar and conferences in which leading pharmaceuticals and hospitals deans and chairman must be invited as alot of people dont know that biostatisticians exists.
But first step shold be taken form BIOS-2010-12 session.

doctoc

I dont agree with the future of biostatician being in doubt.
Leave Lahore and come to Karachi and apply in all the medical institutions. If you get work at AKUH, for instance then your career would only go up.

mahnoor.m

I agree with anadil. Future of biostatistics in Pakistan not seems bright because all the related authorities are silent and doing nothing for its promotion. Recruitment of simple statistician on the places of biostatistics is still continued after the release of 5th batch of MSc biostatistics. There is no awareness in relevant places about this degree and they people are demanding statistician in their advertisements instead of biostatistician. In my opinion u should not waste ur time and along with the search of relevant job u should catch some other line also, like Master in Statistics, Epidemiology, Economics or MBA etc to secure your future. 2nd option is to go abroad where people know the worth of Biostatistics and doing a lot of work in this field.