PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

ssaleem

Re: Re: hypothesis??

don't call them risk factors, call them factors associated with tuberculosis. Can you tell me what factors you are looking for? Second i would suggest not to take other ill children as controls, they might share same factors as of children with TB

Tauseef

Re: hypothesis??

thanx 4 the response.
Cases are tuberculous pts n controls are non tuberculous pts suffering from any other disease.
i ve to prove that cases hav risk factors under study while controls dont have.
cud this b the hypothesis,
"Risk factors under study are significantly associated with tuberculosis in children".

ssaleem

You can think of two hypotheses
Primary and secondary, your primary could be the main factor of your interest and rest could be your secondary. For example your primary hypothesis could be
children born to jail inmates are more likely to develop pulomonary tb as comapred to children born outside jail or children who recived BCG at birth by trained practitioners are less likely to develop pulomonory tb than those by untraind practitioners-or family history of open tb is positively associated with pulmonory tb in children etc etc

docosama

You mentioned that the study design is Case Control. Can you tell me which are controls and cases in your study?

Tauseef

hypothesis??

wat wud b the hypothesis for following study,
Study design:case control
Objective:To determine the risk factors associated with tuberculosis in children.
I hav to study 8 risk factors,do i hav 2 make seperate hypothesis 4 each risk factor?
If anyone cud guide ,it wud b greatly appreciated.