PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

ibrahim_ap

Re: Re: Re: which test to use

If you are still in problem, Please contact me through email

ibrahim@yahoo.com
www.biostatspk.com

saadia79

Re: Re: which test to use

THE apache ii score is calculated with in the first 24 hours and it can be from 0-71.for one patient only one score is calculated in that admission .no new score can be calculated again unless the patient is re admitted. but its divided in 8 gruops 0-4 , 5-9 ,10-14 ,15-19 ...30-34 & >34.the legth of stay will be in days.the standard table used for interpretation of score for predicting mortality is :
INTERPRETATION OF APACHE II SCORE
Apache II Score Interpretation
0-4 ~4 % death rates
5-9 ~8 % death rates
10-14 ~15 % death rates
15-19 ~25 % death rates
20-24 ~40 % death rates
25-29 ~55 % death rates
30-34 ~75 % death rates
over 34 ~85 % death rates
so i'll be showing %age of mortality in each of these 8 groups in the form of a simple bar graph .the objectives of the study are:
•To correlate APACHE II score & the length of stay of patients in Medical Intensive Care Unit shifted from Medical D Ward.
•To compare the expected outcome(mortality) with the actual outcome.
i've gone through lots of websites after bieng advised to read a good article about sample size but realy!nothing helped or may be statistics's realy difficult.i've lots of formulae by now but dont know for sure which one should i use.i've finished correction of my synopsis but i'm realy stuck with sample size and i'd appreciate if there's something more to analysis of the data & tests used coz i guess i gave too scanty info about my study the first time .thanks for the help