PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

docosama

Re: kiya kron

This is a simple study. A case series is a collection of similar cases. You can describe different charateristics of your data in your study without using any statistical test. Just calculate how many males /females were there, what is their ratios to each other. After that you can describe the etiology of the FHF in percentages (eg paracetamol 5%, HBV 50% etc ..). Make their tables or graphs (but not both). If you have seen anything unusual in your case results then describe it in your results separately and then discuss it in your discussion. You can also seen their outcome and charateristics of patients (bilirubin, creatinine, PT, presentation) of patients with poor outcome vs those with good outcome.

A discussion section is just the discussion of your results (any unusual finding, problems etc) and comparison with the previous studies.

I hope this would help you.

dr shazif

kiya kron

dear all,my synopsis topic is,"to determine frequency of etiology of fulminant hepatic failure in our population".it was given name "descriptive case sereis"by statician in cpsp.now i have collected the data but how i can come up with results.if any statistical test applicable.please do reply