PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

habibullah

Re: sense of smell

i totally agree with Dr Zia Rizvi. Its a place were one can exchange there practicle experiences to the benefit of the clinicians & patients.

ziarizvi

it hink that when one wants to know detailed causes of a certain c`ondition,the most apprpriate place to look for is a standard textbook ,her we should be discussing ideas and cases maybe which need opinions and exchange of individual opinions and ideas .

dr_aijazhm

Re: Re: Re: sense of smell

sir every patient of anosmia is probably not a victim of RTA. there is a long list of causes. plz.write me some common causes ok. DR.AIJAZ NAUSHARO FEROZE

drmurad

Re: Re: sense of smell

Sir, I am agreed that after Road traffic accidents many patients complain of loss of smell, this is the I think most common cause

Dr Murad Khamisani

dr kamee

dear doctor, in the absence of any local nasa pathology one has to exclude other etiologies, as the patients with olfactory disturbence fall into one of three common groups.
1)after head injury
2)after viral infection and
3)poor odorent access-----this is because of local nasal pathologies.
other causes are though rare but Alzheimeers disease,Parkinsonism ,Huntingtons chorea,Shizophrenia ,alcoholism and most importantly Diabetes mallitus have been reported to impair sense of smell.