PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

nizam

Re: suggestion!!!...a section of ophthalmology AND IN NEED OF HELP..

Based on the history, bilateral ptosis (drooping eyelids)in this case may have resulted from 3rd cranial nerve injury at the level of the midbrain or immediately after exiting the brain stem. Some of the visual loss could have been from an occipital infarct. It is important that you post the result of the MRI (if one was done) to help localize the lesion. Mechanical correction of ptosis would not be helpful if visual loss is secondary to infarction of the visual pathways. I think the patient needs evaluation from a local neurologist if not done yet.

Nizam Ahmed

asiddiqui

Re: suggestion!!!...a section of ophthalmology AND IN NEED OF HELP..

Dear Dr Kiran

a.s.a.

I am an ophthalmologist working in the UK. I may be able to give you some advice. But can you please tell me what was the reason of bilateral ptosis and for tunnel vision? They may not entirely be the result of brain injury.

Regards

Rehman Siddiqui

kiran123

suggestion!!!...a section of ophthalmology AND IN NEED OF HELP..

ASSALAM-U-ALLAIKUM...
docosama there must be a category of ophthalmology as well...actually i want to discuss a clinical case on that aspect and couldn't find out where to write about this case...
well...one of my family memeber had a severe accident when he was 5-6 years old...it was a severe road accident..such that he had been into coma for about 6 months..had burn injuries,brain haemorrage,and unfortunately he lost his one eye...
actually both eyes were effected and drooping of the eyelids had occured as well...one eye is completely lost and the other one has a tunnel vision only...when he sleeps his eyes seem to be open ...now he is 23 years old...when we consulted the ophthalmologist,he said that if they do the operation to raise the eyelids then there is a great risk and side effect that he would not be able to close his eyes during sleep...
i want the advice on this case...whether there is any successful operation which help in improving the condition of the eye?and plzzzz recommend what should be done....i hope there would be any ophthalmologist here who would help me...
thanks for ur concern and co-operation.
regards,
dr kiran

[Edited by kiran123 on 14-01-2006 at 08:28 AM GMT]