icon Re: Quality of Research in Pakistan

icon HEC promoting High Quality Research in Pakistan

quote:
bagha wrote:
dear colleagues and docosama
I am sorry to say that the quality of research in Pakistan is very poor. Lets be realistic and admit that majority of the research is not serious at all.
The 99.99% of dissertations and thesises submitted by FCPS examinees are not at all a serious research. When I was in Pakistan, we were made to believed that PMRC is doing a wonderful job. Now I realize that it was not true and there was more red tapism and bureaucracy involved, then the real research.
I am not saying that there is lack of potential or lack of intelligent and educated people. The problem is that there is lack of funding and lack of interest from the big authoritative organisations like, PMRC, PMDC, CPSP, etc.

There is no guidance and training of young clinicians and students. There is no real exposure to research methodology. If you go to CPSP it looks like a world class hotel or International conference centre. Some people are working very hard to do some research , but then again the lack of resources and guidance did not let them produce a world class work.
CPSP and other organizations instead of having lavish offices and buildings must fund the young clinicians and students for their research work and train the senior doctors so that they can guide their junior colleagues.

It is really amusing to know that some of the persons occupying high academic chairs in prestigious institutions have been promoted to their posts due to their length of government service, and not because of academic work or publication of world class research papers.
Most of these people, don’t know themselves the meaning of serious research, clinical audit, ethics committee, etc, how can one expect that they will guide the young doctors or other researchers.

Every now and then you can see research papers being published from INDIA in world renowned journals, but very very rarely you see an article from Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Lets not live in fool's paradise and lets provide our young talented and hard working clinicians and scientist enough resources and GUIDANCE so that they can eliminate the disease from this lovely country, by using the tool of RESEARCH making all of us understand the disease process in a better way in our conditions.

I hope docosama will not censor my message

Yes i do agree with your statment about the research qualiity of research conduct in pakistan. It need alot of honest approach towards the goal. The aim of the research should not be just a publication, but an orginal approach towards the contribution in the field of research, so in this way we should improve our standard of research.
Abrar

icon Re: HEC promoting High Quality Research in Pakistan

quote:
saeedkhan wrote:
Only wait for a year or two. We are in sight of a breakthrough. If everything goes as planned, efforts of Higher Education Commission regarding research will be visible. (All other organisations have failed as already pointed out on this page).

[Edited by saeedkhan on 12-09-2003 at 12:40 PM GMT]

Log-In

- Lost your password?