icon Re: Multi-National Clinical Trials

icon Re: Re: Multi-National Clinical Trials

quote:
docosama wrote:
ymkhan:

Sir, PakMediNet is a non funded voluntary effort started 1 year back. Aims of its creation as you have stated are to promote biomedical research of Pakistan. Idea is to include all researches that were or are going in Pakistan. However, due to unavailability of funds and support, work on PakMediNet is slow and will take a lot of time.

There are currently 33 online journals available, still 5-6 to go. Issues of included journals are not completed yet due to lack of voluntary support. Idea was to include all previous issues of all journals but big problem is that most of the journal editors themselves do not have the issues. So, i am in continued search to locate previous issues and include them on the website.

2ndly, next phase is to include published public health surveys, researches done by various Govt and non-govt organizations in Pakistan. This also is indeed a hard job.

I am soon going to add "Pakistan Health Survey 1996" under the Research in Pakistan area of PakMediNet. This section will be expanded later on.

If you are willing to cooperate, then we'll meet you in Pakistan and discuss the future issues and ideas.

quote:
docosama wrote:
Dr. Akhtar

It would be excellent if you arrange these 2 journals for PakMediNet. Unfortunately, both of them have not replied to the mails we have sent them.

Thank you for your encouragement.

quote:
docosama wrote:
If you have talked to the editors of the journals then please send us the issues at the address: 30 Westrige 1, Rawalpindi Phone: 5475907

I do not put journals on PakMediNet without permission from the Editors.

quote:
ymkhan wrote:
Salaam,

I work for a clinical research organisation in the UK and am responsible for expanding our clinical research activities to India and Pakistan. Most of you will already be aware that extensive research is being undertaken in India but we are exploring newer areas such as Pakistan.

Being a Pakistani myself I have a special interest in performing these studies there. However, I don't really have much idea of how clinical research is really conducted. What is the regulatory process? Do the major research hospitals/institutions have ethics committees? Are doctors aware of ICH-GCP / Declaration of Helsinki? Are there clinical research associates or monitors?

I hope you don't think i am being condescending/patronising but I just don't know - please forgive me ignorance - I just want simple, honest guidance.

Thank you for all your comments.
Yamin

Salam
A leading company has opened up their operation in Pakistan for clinical trails.I am a doctor dealing with regulatory issues.Please feel free to ask for all the details.
Dr Uzair

quote:
ymkhan wrote:
Salaam,

I work for a clinical research organisation in the UK and am responsible for expanding our clinical research activities to India and Pakistan. Most of you will already be aware that extensive research is being undertaken in India but we are exploring newer areas such as Pakistan.

Being a Pakistani myself I have a special interest in performing these studies there. However, I don't really have much idea of how clinical research is really conducted. What is the regulatory process? Do the major research hospitals/institutions have ethics committees? Are doctors aware of ICH-GCP / Declaration of Helsinki? Are there clinical research associates or monitors?

I hope you don't think i am being condescending/patronising but I just don't know - please forgive me ignorance - I just want simple, honest guidance.

Thank you for all your comments.
Yamin

icon Re: Re: Re: Multi-National Clinical Trials

icon Re: Re: Re: Multi-National Clinical Trials