PakMediNet - Pakistan's Largest Medical Information Gateway

DISCUSSION FORUM Front Page | Forum Main | Become a Member | Help

Submit your Research Synopsis for analysis by Experts! | Discussion on published articles
Medical Conferences in Pakistan

PakMediNet Discussion Forum : Medical Education inside Pakistan : fcps 1
Pages: 1 2
New Topic Post Reply

iconfcps 1

hi there everyone i just gave my fcps 1 in radiology anyone up there for discussion ill be glad to help if i can clear doubts

Posted by: tayyiba Posts: 2 :: 19-03-2007 :: | Reply to this Message

icon plss help me.fcps 1

salaam every1,
im new around here. glad i found this site.can ne1 tell me books specific4 patho r derma for appearing in part1.i know all other details.just wana know names of books 4 derma n patho.plzz help me .thankingu.

[Edited by cutestdoc on 30-03-2007 at 05:43 AM GMT]

[Edited by cutestdoc on 30-03-2007 at 05:45 AM GMT]

Posted by: cutestdoc Posts: 14 :: 29-03-2007 :: | Reply to this Message

iconRe: fcps 1

why ne body is not replying.plz help me.where is every1.do no one reads this

Posted by: cutestdoc Posts: 14 :: 30-03-2007 :: | Reply to this Message

iconRe: Re: fcps 1

i dont know anything about the topic you're interested in, but no-one seems to reply on this board. i posted something ages ago, still not many replies.

Posted by: sanaakader Posts: 7 :: 30-03-2007 :: | Reply to this Message

iconRe: Re: Re: fcps 1

hi ,
cant u even help me.why people r not using this site ne more .....i really need help

Posted by: cutestdoc Posts: 14 :: 31-03-2007 :: | Reply to this Message

iconRe: Re: Re: fcps 1

hi ,
cant u even help me.why people r not using this site ne more .....i really need help

Posted by: cutestdoc Posts: 14 :: 31-03-2007 :: | Reply to this Message

iconRe: Re: Re: Re: fcps 1

i have no idea, im a final year dental student so i dont know what your topic is about im sorry. anything i can help with i'd be more than happy to help.

Posted by: sanaakader Posts: 7 :: 31-03-2007 :: | Reply to this Message

iconRe: Re: Re: Re: Re: fcps 1

well hi sana,
thanks 4 being so sweet.i dnt know why people r nt using this wonderful site ne more.so strange.i wna give part1fcps in patho.n i need help 4 study books.as i have changed my field from gyne.im really in a hurry to give this exam.so my path cud become easy.hope u understand.........

Posted by: cutestdoc Posts: 14 :: 01-04-2007 :: | Reply to this Message

iconRe: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fcps 1

i understand why you need to know quickly, its just so annoying. well i hope you find out what you need to know soon, good luck

Posted by: sanaakader Posts: 7 :: 03-04-2007 :: | Reply to this Message

Salam
I m also new here I dont have any experiance of post grad exam in Pakistan but I do have in North America where I had given post grad exam in field of orthodontics -implantoogy beside National dental board exams of US- & Canad.I passed all these exams in first short with an average 98% in these exams. When I decided to give my above exams I was just like a miss giuded missile which can land any where in no man area point here I want to explain is that nobody giude me at that time I was simply a man with goals but with out directions I knew I have to pass these exam but how I dint have any idea.
I stared from 0 point went str8 to dental school library and thats it .
conclusionPLZ DONOT go by that giude book a,bc etc no matter what u study understant it master it thats it to make it more simple I will past 1 of my letter portion here which I write to kcd group msn.
I will like to give some advice on byhalf of my exper to any 1 of those who want to persue US National dental board exam when I decided to give the us board exam I was really blank ungiuded person but 1 good thing happened to me at that time was my mind has nothing but dentistry related to my career I was uaware of dental desks etc the only thing I had was the rudmans prep .I started right from the zero zenith and i started my studies from the univasity of oregan , library and the text books I had from pakistan boom went into my exams and pass all my part 1-2 and canadian exam just in 8 month with the score of 98-97 respt.
The point I want to tell u guys is that no matter what ever u wanna study please understan it master it e.g TMJ u shud know every aspect of it if u can just go by dental desks or old paper surely it will help u a lot but it can only just get u out from exam I mean u will get only passing or average score which is not worth for wat u want to establish the diff between canadaian and american board is that american board is str8 forward no gimmicks if u know u can answer where as canadian board is far easier than american but the only trick the canadian board has is that the canidate will be fool around same ansers I mean all the answers will be similer in nature n u have to pick the 100% right 1.
I had an opertunity where I was the member of a group of dentist who went thru in a research project with Kaplan to find out the score results of those who repeat with out changing their study stratagies n the group found nothing can raise your score if u r following the same foot print u made for your slef in other word score remain the same like u canot jump from 75 str8 to 90s if u r not master of your studies.
So please try every thing specially old papers n desks but your real assest is your 4 years of BDS .
These r my views u mite not agree but I think its good for all of us to share our exp .
Thanks
wasalam

Posted by: drzahid Posts: 8 :: 03-04-2007 :: | Reply to this Message

well said dr zahid. i agree there's no substitute for sheer hard work. im planning on moving to Pakistan this year after completing my BDS in the UK. I have no idea what to expect as I'm not even from Pakistan. I'm sure it will be a steep learning curve though.

Posted by: sanaakader Posts: 7 :: 03-04-2007 :: | Reply to this Message

Hi. I'm also planning to take FCPS 1 Radiology exam in 2008. Can u plz help me out regarding the course outline, topics to prepare n where from to prepare those topics? Someone told me that u have to study Nuclear physics for FCPS 1 Radiology! Is it true? n if true, then where from to prepare it? I shall be grateful 2 u if u could help me out in this regard. THANKS.

Posted by: dr.usman Posts: 47 :: 08-04-2007 :: | Reply to this Message

HI everyone i am a dental surgeon in Nepal...my FCPS part 1 exam is very near so plz tell me the qualifying percentage...and difference betn paper 1 and paper 2...in dentistry papers.

Posted by: drachiever Posts: 4 :: 11-01-2008 :: | Reply to this Message

iconRe: plss help me.fcps 1

HI cutestdr,
I am a dental surgeon from nepal and appearing for FCPS 1...i and i hope you should use robbins and cotran...for basic and practice as much as MCQ"s as possible...from PG entrance of INDIA.

Posted by: drachiever Posts: 4 :: 11-01-2008 :: | Reply to this Message

hi how r u all.....what is papare 1 and 2's difference??OF FCPS??plz reply me soon.

Posted by: drachiever Posts: 4 :: 24-01-2008 :: | Reply to this Message

salam...im gonna give part1 in radiology in coming june...can u plz help me out regardin this...which topics r most important?i ve started studiez but dont know how to complete this huge course.. n this time pattern has also been changed...can u tell me is radiology gud 4 gals or not..n is it easy to get trainin plz help me!

Posted by: aishasami Posts: 4 :: 14-05-2008 :: | Reply to this Message

hey i am new here as well if i can get a little help bc i want to appear in fcps part 1 in dentistry i wud appreciate the guidance

Posted by: miss Posts: 4 :: 28-06-2008 :: | Reply to this Message

hey can anyone tell me sites for preperation for part 1 and also the prepetory course that cpsp offers is it only available in karachi or in other cities as well especially islamabad

Posted by: miss Posts: 4 :: 28-06-2008 :: | Reply to this Message

iconFCPS-I (Patho & derma both)

Dear cutest!

FCPS-I (Patho & derma both) are being attempted on pattern of attempt for mediciene.

So, u will have to prepare same as for attempt in medicine.

A little bit, the part-II of the paper comes CLINICAL ORIENTED in the concerned speciality.

So, keep in touch also with a clinical book of pathology or derma whatevere so is ur choice.

I can wish u success only, and believe me that is urs, if u are a STAUNT BELIEVER.

Good luck............

Posted by: iqra786 Posts: 36 :: 06-07-2008 :: | Reply to this Message

iconRe: FCPS-I

hello am new on this discussion board...found it randomly......am giving part one in dentistry on 15th oct 2008......kindly helpme...as physio anatomy seems all frnech to me now...dont know how i coped with it before.........where shd i do patho from plus is there chance from where i can find past papers.....
kindly help me as soon as possible......

Posted by: dentist08 Posts: 3 :: 10-08-2008 :: | Reply to this Message

iconRe: Re: FCPS-I

u must attempt fcps past papers(about 600 bcqs) on ur own i pray for u

Posted by: riifat Posts: 2 :: 02-09-2008 :: | Reply to this Message

HII
KINDLY GUIDE ME ABT PREPARATION OF FCPS PART 1 DENTISTRY EXAM AND FROM WHERE I CAN GET LAST PAST PAPERS I WILL PRAY FOR YOU
THANKS

Posted by: dentist786 Posts: 5 :: 02-11-2008 :: | Reply to this Message

hii and assalam-o-alaikum
i am dentist with one year house job experience kindly guide me from where i can get last past 5 years papaers of fcps part 1 exam ill be thankful for ur kindness allah hifiz

Posted by: dentist786 Posts: 5 :: 02-11-2008 :: | Reply to this Message

fcps paper one is from basic subject means anatomy, phsiology, patho, embbryo, histo micro and other basic subject bt paper 2 is almost clinical and acc:2 ur espesiality means sugery, medicine ect in which u want to give fcps

Posted by: drraheel Posts: 2 :: 20-05-2009 :: | Reply to this Message

Hello,i want to give my fcps part 1 in radiology,cn u guide me ?Tell me what to study etc etc

Posted by: Abdur rab Posts: 2 :: 20-09-2009 :: | Reply to this Message

Hellow can any one guide me on choosing my career should I do MBBS or BDS and why??

Posted by: Fahadss (Guest) :: 25-10-2009 :: | Reply to this Message

aoa

plz are you preparing for part1

thanks regards

dr.sajida

Posted by: SAJIDAA Posts: 3 :: 24-05-2010 :: | Reply to this Message

aoa

plz are you preparing for part1

thanks regards

dr.sajida

Posted by: SAJIDAA Posts: 3 :: 24-05-2010 :: | Reply to this Message

nobody knows anything abt ent.....

Posted by: blue rain Posts: 17 :: 10-06-2010 :: | Reply to this Message

ent is a good option or not.cn any1 help..........

Posted by: blue rain Posts: 17 :: 10-06-2010 :: | Reply to this Message

New Topic Post Reply

Pages: 1 2

Not Logged In? Username: Password: Lost your password?

Terms and Conditions | About Us | Questions? | Contributors

All rights reserved and Copy right protected
No Part of Website is allowed to be copied without prior permission. Hosted on PakCyber.