icon Re: Treatment of Acne

icon Re: Re: Treatment of Acne

quote:
drabidrana wrote:
hello Dr.memon
i am joinig this forum after lot of days
may i ask you is their any role of local creams for acne as these are widely used in our setup

Dear Rana Sahib

Topical preparation have an important role to play in the management of Acne. For mild acne I would recommend simple Benzylperoxide based creams. For moderate acne it is always best to try topical antibiotic preparations first such as Dalacin T and Zineryt lotions. For acne with blackheads and comedones, topical Retin A based creams are very usefull.

Best wishes Dr. Rana and Eid Mubarak.

icon Re: Re: Re: Treatment of Acne

quote:
memon wrote:
quote:
drabidrana wrote:
hello Dr.memon
i am joinig this forum after lot of days
may i ask you is their any role of local creams for acne as these are widely used in our setup

Dear Rana Sahib

Topical preparation have an important role to play in the management of Acne. For mild acne I would recommend simple Benzylperoxide based creams. For moderate acne it is always best to try topical antibiotic preparations first such as Dalacin T and Zineryt lotions. For acne with blackheads and comedones, topical Retin A based creams are very usefull.

Best wishes Dr. Rana and Eid Mubarak.

Dear Dr. Memon: What about Bnzacline Gel with Tetracycline for Acne. And also, wouldn't Contraception be recommended prior to retin A use.

[Edited by Allegra on 05-03-2003 at 02:32 PM GMT]

icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Treatment of Acne

quote:
memon wrote:
25 Year old unmarried female with moderately severe acne on the face, regular periods. Now getting some scarring. She is very concerned. Not had any treatment of acne in the past except over the counter face washes.

What should we give her?

Log-In

- Lost your password?