PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

shahzadhsa

Re: After My M.B.B.S

Dear All
HSA has announced postgraduate degree and diploma courses. You can find all the answers by emailing at admissions@hsa.edu.pk or to me at shahzad@hsa.edu.pk

rqayyum

I can understand your excitement of getting into medicine, congratulations! Now lets get your feet wet first; perhaps early 4rth year will be a better time to ask yourself what you would like to do in rest of your life.

drrathore

Re: Re: After My M.B.B.S

Clinical psychologist is an important member of the Rehab team.

All major disabilities inflict major psychological trauma to the patient and the care givers, Long term care of a disabled person itself leads to stress, fatigue and mood disturbances. Neurophyscholocial assessments and interventions are of prime importance in diseases like TBI, Stroke and Dementia etc..All these require the services of a Psychologist

Yes, these interventions are done by the Psychologist and not the Rehab doctor

Regards

Farooq

jazz

Where is psychology involved in Rehab Medicine??

I guess you might be talking about neuropsychological assessments for some patients but these are done by a psychologist and not a doctor!!!

drrathore

Re: Re: After My M.B.B.S

Read this post too for Rehabilitation Medicine as a career choice after MBBS

http://www.pakmedinet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=1424

Regards

Farooq