PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

sdz7038

Re:

First of all thank you to have this discussion on pakmednet.com. I'm happy to be a part of it. Somehow i was looking for dentist in lahore on google and found dentalaesthetics.pk who are getting clients form online marketing you must check those and they have quite good setup at there dental clinic. is anyone else know how to start an other topic for this.

here they are https://www.dentalaesthetics.pk/

Sasuke0011

Re: Dentistry in Pakistan

Asalam Wa Alaikum,

We started off with discussion about Amalgam, over and under filled root canal and we ended up talking about Cross infection control in pakistan.

This is very true that even after being taught so much and emphazied upon cross control in our universities we tend not to practice. We do know where our weaknesses lie but our words speak louder than our actions.

I myself, inshAallah about to graduate from Malaysia and I plan to work in pakistan for a while. But there seems ot be no proper structure to follow - even if there is it's so confusing.

Can someone guide me through this turmoil?
Your help will be highly regarded,
Thanks

chachu

I have seen that there are even dentist who already have sterlization equipment don't bother to use it. They do know the importance of sterlization and if you ask them they can give your a very good lecture on sterlization, but they don't bother to follow the protocol themselves.
I think such a behaviour is a part of our nations attitude that we show not only in dentisty, but in every field of life, like throwing wrapers on road side not caring about trash cans, spitting every where, not caring about traffic signals esp when driving late night when roads a mostly clear, corruption. We are not just a poor and uneducated nation, we are also selfish ppl who don't care about the right of other individuals. This is becuase we are getting away from our religion, but we cann't even properly follow the west.
I really don't know how to change this mentality. We cann't educate a higly educated person unless he has the courage to change his behaviour in every day life. Sterlization is not a very difficult. I don't think those already in the profession need any education about sterlization. We only have to be honest and this is some thing we cann't do unless we have fear of God.

[Edited by chachu on 23-03-2008 at 10:51 PM GMT]

chachu

[Edited by chachu on 23-03-2008 at 10:52 PM GMT]

chachu

I have seen that there are even dentist who already have sterlization equipment don't bother to use it. The do know the importance of sterlization and if you ask them they can give your a very good lecture on sterlization, but they don't bother to follow the protocol themselves.
I think such a behaviour is a part of our nations attitude that we show not only in dentisty, but in every field of life, like throwing wrapers on road side not caring about trash cans, spitting every where, not caring about traffic signals esp when driving late night when roads a mostly clear, corruption. We are not just a poor and uneducated nation, we are also selfish ppl who don't care about the right of other individuals. This is becuase we are getting away from our religion, but we cann't even properly follow the west.
I really don't know how to change this mentality. We cann't educate a higly educated person unless he has the courage to change his behaviour in every day life.