PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

drrathore

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: for paper publication

Yes, it is against ethics of medical writing to submitt your paper to two journals at the same time for publication.
This is called duplicate publication

ibrahim_ap

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: for paper publication

Can u please tell me the edition of both journal

samreenqmc

Re: Re: Re: Re: for paper publication

Recently, i read an article published in Annals of PIMS which has been published in an other journal. is it not unfair to submit an article in two or more journals?

drrathore

Re: Re: Re: for paper publication

This is intellectual dishonesty of highest order which i have never heard off. One suggsstion is to give him a print out of Instructions to authors of the Journal, which usually clealry mentions the criteria for authorship.
If he is a sensible man,he will get the Joke and refrain from his illogical demand.

If that ""Professor" is admant,then there is no harm in saying plain NO. Such Intellectually dishonest, so called Pseudo Professors of Pakistani medical colleges have no shame, ethics, morals and cannot say much once a person takes a principle stand. I have refused my seniors and it helps in setting your impression for times to come.

samreenqmc

Re: Re: for paper publication

I have written a paper and want to submit to indexed journal . my professor wants me add her daughter and daughter-in-law as 2nd and 3rd author. how i solve this problem?