Discussion Forum For Health Professionals
Question: What is the best way to improve health training/research?
Answer: Improve the lectures.
Question: How do we improve health training/research lectures:
Answer: Have faculty worldwide share their lectures:
Question: Will faculty share lectures?
Answer: Yes, The Supercourse has 20,300 faculty from 151 countries who created a Library of Lectures with 2156 outstanding lectures on the Internet.
Supercourse built a “Library of Lectures” with passionate scientific lectures from across the world. The program consists of:
1. Open Source: A Global faculty is developing and sharing their best, most passionate lectures in the area of Prevention and the Internet using an open source model. This benefits all. The experienced faculty member can beef up their lectures that are not cutting edge. New instructors reduce preparation time and have better lectures. Faculty in developing countries have access to current prevention information for the first time
2. Statistical Quality Assurance: We have established a Deming Model of statistical quality control to monitor lectures over time
3. “Support” Educators: The Library of Lectures consists of exciting lectures by academic prevention experts in the field. The classroom teacher “takes” them out for free like a library book. Supercourse “coaches” the teacher rather than directly teaching students from a distance.
4. Text books: British Medical Association put text books on line for the course.
5. Faculty: Six Noble Prize winners, the US Surgeon General, 60 IOM members and other top people contributed lectures.
6. JIT lectures: Within days after a disaster lectures are provided, e.g. the Bam Earthquake, and the recent Tsunami.
7. Mirrored Servers and CDs: Supercourse has 42 mirrored servers in Egypt, Sudan, China, Mongolia and others.
Free lectures at:
Ronald E. LaPorte, Ph.D.
Director, Disease Monitoring and Telecommunications
WHO Collaborating Centre
3512 Fifth Ave.
Professor of Epidemiology
Graduate School of Public Health
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Posted by: docosama Posts: 332 :: 04-08-2005 :: | Reply to this Message