Discussion Forum For Health Professionals
The BPPA Young Researcher of the Year Award 2008
It is with great pleasure that The British Pakistani Psychiatrists Association (BPPA) invites the entries for ‘The BPPA Young Researcher of the Year Award 2008’. The aim of this Award is to promote an interest in research amongst young Pakistani health professionals and to honour and recognize their research work that has been published in any peer reviewed scientific journal. The award is not restricted to any sub-speciality and work carried out in any psychiatric field will be considered.
The award will be offered in two categories
Psychiatric Research by young Pakistani medical professionals/students carried out in Pakistan. The winner and a runner up in this category will be entitled to cash rewards of Pak Rs. 25000 and Pak Rs. 15000 respectively.
Psychiatric Research by young Pakistani medical professionals/students carried out in U.K. & Ireland. The winner and a runner up in this category will be entitled to cash rewards of £250 and £150 respectively.
Rules and Regulations
The nominees must be under the age of 40 or be working in a training grade or be students of medical/health sciences at a recognised academic institution.
They must be the sole or principal author of the research paper.
Their paper must have been published or accepted for publication in a peer reviewed journal during twenty four (24) calendar months preceding the closing date.
An independent, three members Evaluation Committee will assess the papers using objective criteria and its decision will be final.
The nominees must submit three sets of the following documents:
1. A completed nomination form, relevant sections must be completed by one of the co-authors and the Head of the Department.
2. A copy of up to date curriculum vitae
3. A copy of National Identity Card or Passport of the nominees to verify their age and signature
4. Copies of National ID card or passports of the co-author to verify his/her signatures
5. A complete copy of their paper clearly identifying the title, authors, name of the journal, year of publication, volume and page numbers (Abstracts alone will not be accepted) OR a letter from the Journal on its official headed paper to confirm that the paper has been accepted for publication
Nomination forms may be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All nominations must reach by post to Dr. Sohail Qureshi, Secretary BPPA by 31 August 2008.
The results will be announced by 30 September 2008. The awards will be presented at the National Conference of Pakistan Psychiatric Society in December 2008 and at the Annual Conference of BPPA in November 2008 for Category 1 & 2 respectively.
Posted by: yasir Posts: 90 :: 06-06-2008 :: | Reply to this Message