PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

icon HELP!!!!!!

icon Re: HELP!!!!!!

quote:
Naush wrote:
Hey im a medical student and ive always been more inclined towards research than practice. Ofcourse both go hand in hand but at the moment research seems to get my attention more than the patients. I was wondering how you go about publishing an article/review paper in pakistan or aborad? if anyone knows a website or if anyone can take some time out to guide me id be really thankful. Plus can i send something in for publication as a student as i have yet to complete my MBBS degree and dont have DR with my name !!!

icon Re: Re: HELP!!!!!!

quote:
drkhawaja wrote:
IT is a very pleasant surprise and an excellent indication of future of academic medicine. Infact all medical students need to be encouraged to at least write case reports or reviw articles if the setup of research is lacking. I can suggest a topic related to Hepatits C as this is a very common problem.You may find plenty of material in www.medscape.com specially in the HCV Resource center. Feel free to contact me for any help you still may need.
Best regards and good luck
fazal khawaja
quote:
Naush wrote:
Hey im a medical student and ive always been more inclined towards research than practice. Ofcourse both go hand in hand but at the moment research seems to get my attention more than the patients. I was wondering how you go about publishing an article/review paper in pakistan or aborad? if anyone knows a website or if anyone can take some time out to guide me id be really thankful. Plus can i send something in for publication as a student as i have yet to complete my MBBS degree and dont have DR with my name !!!

icon Re: Re: HELP!!!!!!

quote:
docosama wrote:
Mehwish, can you please update your profile as you have written HSC-2 and "high school student" in your qualification & occupation fields respectively.

I totally agree with your point of view and one of the reason to start PakMediNet was to promote medical research of Pakistan around the world so that people can know about that. I am pretty sure that the quality of Pakistani papers has been improved to a large extent. People are working despite total lack of resources & guidance. eg: This website is a voluntary effort.

i am a high school student! is that i am not allowed on this forum?
good to hear about the enthusiasm, i hope it makes a difference

icon Who do we go for help

icon Re: Who do we go for help

quote:
dowjunk wrote:
I am willing to do research work, but dont know who to gofor help.......at my colege...dmc... there we dont have any lab facility too... Ppl here normally do surveys..is that research in its real essence? Need help

In order to do research you don't have to go to a lab, or start an expermmental study (e.g. Framingham study is not an experimental study). Actually, it depends on what you are interested in and what resources are available to you. From your message it appears that your resources are quite limited. In this situation probably the best kind of research that can be done is retrospective analysis of data. However, you will need to get in touch with someone who can guide you, preferably in Karachi (DMC or in AKU).

Log-In

- Lost your password?